This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox opens with an inappropriate web site (pornhub.com)--how can I stop this?!
I have had no problems with firefox until a few days ago when I tried to open the web browser (clicked on icon) and got a horrible porn site (www.pornhub.com). This despite having multiple protections against porn/sex material etc. (thru Trend Micro). I have a 10 yr. old son.
I am desperate to get rid of this and just removed my trend micro in order to install an updated version (after talking with trend micro). Any suggestions? Thanks.
All Replies (2)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Also, right-click on the Firefox icon > Properties and in the box beside Target delete anything after firefox.exe" if present. You may also want to check the Home Page setting in Firefox's Tools (Alt + T) > Options > General.