This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I attempt to install a new version of firefox, I get an error message saying I do not have sufficient privileges for some of these items. What does this mean, and how can I correct this??
All Replies (2)
Uninstall your current Firefox
- DO NOT SELECT TO REMOVE USER DATA AND SETTINGS
- Restart your system
Download latest Firefox version from one of these links using some other Web Browser:
Installing Firefox on Mac
Check and tell if its working.
Modified by Hasan
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 6.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.