This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I correct a "General failure....An error occurred in sending the command to the application." error message when clicking a web site link in MS Outlook email?
I get this error message every time I click on a web site link in my Outlook email. The page goes ahead and loads anyway. I just don't know why I get it and how I can get rid of it.
All Replies (4)
I randomly started getting this problem and fixed it by doing the following:
- Close both the Firefox and Outlook (2010) programs. Make sure the processes have exited.
- In Control Panel, go to "Default Programs".
- Go to "Set default programs" and set Firefox as default.
- Go back and then to "Set program access and computer defaults" and set Firefox and Outlook as your default browser and email program respectively.
- Restart Firefox and Outlook at the problem should hopefully be fixed.
If this doesn't do the job, then you may want to attempt the registry hack described here here.
Modified by Noldorin
Alexreg -- your solution worked for me, and after I searched around quite a bit. Thank you for posting and saving me more trouble.
alexreg; Thank you so much, for the first time I have found and answer to my problem that the solution was very well explained; step by step.
Works 100%. Thanks for saving me time. I started getting this error after a firefox upgrade. Must have been a bug somewhere, but working 100% now.
Modified by ddtgo2