This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Security issue with games add on?
Recently, since downloading FF 4.0 I have been receiving messages from AVG security saying that this FF game add on has been blocked. Is this a security issue that one should be concerned about?
All Replies (4)
What game add-on?
Hi TonyE It comes up on my AVG Online Shield findings as: Adware Adinstaller.Funweb akexe.imgfarm.com/exes 22.214.171.124.au3/mwsautSp.exe_2 Object was blocked
Funweb is a range of adware programs. They can insert a toolbar, send information about your browsing to a third party and bombard you with pop-ups. As AVG picked it up you should be safe.
As a precaution I recommend running some malware scanners. It is best to run several as each will pick up things that the others miss. Some scanners you can try are:
- Malwarebytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
- SuperAntiSpyware - http://www.superantispyware.com
- Ad-Aware - http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
- Windows Defender - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
- Spybot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html
Many thanks. I shall follow your recommendations.