I upgraded to Firefox 4 and lost my Identity Safe w/ Norton. How can I get it back?
Locking, as this problem has been fixed by Norton - see this Norton support page.
Identity Safe is a part of Norton and it keeps your login info safe. There was a little icon in the toolbar of the last version of FF and it's gone now.
I'm not sure if this Norton piece considered a plugin or extension but I use it throughout the day.
Modified by the-edmeister
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Here is the url for Firefox 3.6.16
Thank you. This worked.
Good news! Norton has a hotfix for this now. Go to this page on Norton's website and download and execute the hotfix tool. You need to make sure that you have FF 4.0 installed and that Norton is up-to-date. A restart will be required when the hotfix completes, but when it comes back up, your identity safe will be there.