How do I update my firefox browser (Ver:3.0,3) w/the firefox-3.6.13.tar.bz2 file that I've downloaded?
I'm unable to update my firefox browser (Ver: 3.0.3) with the firefox-3.6.13.tar.bz2 file that I've downloaded. my firefox is installed on a LINUX ubuntu distrabution (Ver: 8.10). How can I do this . . .
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
after I installed UNBUNTU and attempted to update FIREFOX . . .
- The Totem 2.24.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The default plugin handles plugin data for mimetypes and extensions that are not specified and facilitates downloading of new plugins.
- The demo print plugin for unix.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2008101315 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.3
First check that your Linux distribution meets the requirements for Firefox 3.6.x
- http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/system-requirements.html - Firefox 3.6 System Requirements
You an create a new directory for the Firefox program in your Home directory or as root in /usr/local/ and copy the files to that directory. Easiest is to use a File Manager to open the tar.bz2 archive (usually with cursor Right key) and copy the files to the clipboard or drag them to that folder if you have both directories visible (dual pane FM or two instances open).