This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Forms act as address bars
While posting in forums I drag and drop text within that form. An error window pops up stating, "That is not a valid URL." I click ok and move on, thinking it's a bug on their end. Today I did the same thing in another forum. I dragged the word, settings within that field, but this time, a webpage opened up, settings.com and I freaked!! Something is causing all open forms to be treated as if they were address bars. I thought I'd post here first, just in case it's a know bug, but now I'm off to scan my system, just in case it's a bug on my end.
All Replies (1)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs.
You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website