Somehow I lost being able to see my bookmarks along the left margin of my window and also the options at the top. Please help fix.
Somehow I can no longer see my bookmarks on the left side of my window. Also some of the icons at the top of my window are gone and I can't move them on the toolbar. Please help fix.
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 989898989877
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Virtual Earth 3D 3.00080829001 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_01 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
If the "Menu Bar" is hidden then the Menu bar gets replaced by the orange Firefox button. In Firefox 3.6 and later on Windows you can hide the menu bar via "View > Toolbars" or via the right click context menu on a toolbar.
Press F10 or press and hold the Alt key down to bring up the menu bar temporarily.
Go to "View > Toolbars" or right-click the menu bar or press Alt+V T to select which toolbars to show or hide (click on an entry to toggle the state).
Also, and although possibly not related to your problem, I have to remind you that the version of Firefox you are using at the moment has been discontinued and is no longer supported. On top of this, it has known unpatched bugs and security problems. I urge you to update to the latest version of Firefox, for maximum security, stability, performance and usability. You can get it for free, as always, at getfirefox.com.
I had the same problem, and here's how I resolved it.
Click on View > Toolbars > Customize, drag the bookmark icon to the toolbar. Click on the bookmark icon you've just dragged to the toolbar. Click the plus sign next to "Bookmarks Menu" to bring up your bookmark list.
Hope this helps the rest of you with the same problem. (I'm using FireFox 3.6.12.