Should I uninstall Firefox 3.6.6 before Upgrading to OSX 10.6?
I want absolutely no glitches when I upgrade my MacBookPro from OSX 10.5.8 to 10.6.3. I use Safari as my main browser and Firefox only when a website does not work well with Safari. Therefore, I thought it might be best to uninstall Firefox before I upgrade, because I can always re-install Firefox after I have upgraded. What do you think? I have AppZapper to use to uninstall Firefox since it will search out and collect all Preference lists, etc., that accompany Firefox, resulting in a complete and clean uninstall. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I don't know if you should uninstall Firefox before upgrading Mac OS X (I don't think so, in any case), but you may be interested in knowing how to back up your information, if you are afraid of loosing it in the upgrade:Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Watch and download full length videos from your browser
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Extensions: Rikaichan 2.00b4, Rikaichan Japanese Names Dictionary File 2.00.10022, Rikaichan Japanese-English Dictionary File 2.00.100222
I don't know if you should uninstall Firefox before upgrading Mac OS X (I don't think so, in any case), but you may be interested in knowing how to back up your information, if you are afraid of loosing it in the upgrade: