URL of affected sites
I had the same problem, and traced it to AdBlock. Once I disabled that, Club Penguin loaded fine again.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Your above posted plugins list shows the Flash Player Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45 plugin, so Flash should be working. You can test that here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
"Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
I appreciate your message, some of it worked for me, but I need more information. I cleared the cache, the flash was working. When I started in "safe mode" the log in worked! Now I have to figure out what is causing the problem I guess. Don't think it's the "theme" because I have had that for several months. Suggestions of how to proceed? When I looked at "troubleshooting plugins" it said to disable each one and figure out what happens. Thoughts? other ideas of what it might be in my current mode?
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
You have to close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (on Mac: "Firefox > Quit")
I had the same problem, and traced it to AdBlock. Once I disabled that, Club Penguin loaded fine again.