Tabs crashing after update
After updating to version 114 I keep having tabs crash. If I close Firefox and reopen it, the first few tabs are fine. After a bit, any tab I try to open gives me a "tab crashed" message. I can only load the default tab screen. If I try to go to Google or anywhere it crashes. I try to do a search and it crashes. I've had to use Chrome to be able to do anything.
All Replies (1)
Are you using a proxy or VPN?
You can check the connection settings.
- Settings -> General -> Network: Connection -> Settings
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet, select "No Proxy" if "Use the system proxy settings" or one of the others do not work properly.
See "Firefox connection settings":
You can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works, you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
Do a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall the current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including personal data in profiles created by other Firefox versions
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (64-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (32-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- it is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems, you can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.