Firefox crashed on start-up after loading for a few minutes
1. Tried troubleshoot mode(the one with all extensions disabled). No luck.
2. New profile. => Firefox can start without problem
3. Copy the sessionstore.jsonlz4 to the new profile => crash like before
4. Replace the sessionstore.jsonlz4 with the backup in "sessionstore-backups" =>firefox can start-up after loading for a few minutes
Currently at no. 4, but it happened again after a few days. Please help. I dont want to lose my tabs.
The crash reports that I've submitted so far: Report ID Date Submitted bp-60568900-74a7-458a-8641-43c170220803 03/08/2022, 23:01 View bp-f58abb44-3fb2-4b0f-b20d-215250220724 24/07/2022, 18:41 View bp-5ba0e11d-6e7a-4a66-9e27-aa67c0220724 24/07/2022, 18:41 View bp-769dd74c-c24b-4735-a6bf-eef480220724 24/07/2022, 18:41 View bp-4554aa52-165f-45e7-8768-eca130220724 24/07/2022, 18:41 View bp-c1cd6349-709e-45ac-baa4-f9d380220724 24/07/2022, 18:40 View bp-97edce30-5314-47be-81a7-0409a0220724 24/07/2022, 18:40 View bp-4e1927bc-c586-4f1e-8171-fc3580220803 04/08/2022, 00:02 View
It happens once on 23/07/2022 and I fixed it with no.4. and then it started again yesterday
All Replies (1)
I'm not sure I understand what those crashes are about:
- MOZ_CRASH Reason (Sanitized) : Failed to load critical module "resource://gre/modules/WebNavigation.jsm"
You can try a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall the current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including personal data in profiles created by other Firefox versions
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (64-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (32-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- it is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems then you can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.