Will the removal of DTLS v1.0 be considered a security fix for FFx ESR 68.x or will the feature be preserved until ESR 78 is out?
Support for DTLSv1.0 will be removed in FireFox 75.
Will the feature be preserved in all the FireFox ESR 68.x security-fix releases, until FireFox ESR 78 is out? Or will disabling DTLSv1.0 be considered a security fix that can get pushed to one of the ESR 68.x releases?
Thanks in advance, Lionel
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:73.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/73.0
it will wait for ESR 78.
Thank you TyDraniu for the quick and helpful response!
If I may request confirmation: Am I right in understanding the followings?
- ESR 68 will always retain the DTLSv1.0 feature, enabled by default
- ESR 78 will also retain it, but, depending on decisions yet-to-be-made (Bug 1618615):
- Feature may be either enabled or disabled by default (which may change over the course of security fix updates)
- When disabled, it will always be possible to re-enable through properties (and maybe via a 'fix it' button)
- ESR 2021 will entirely remove the DTLSv1.0 feature
That's the plan, assumming that ESR 2021 ~== ESR 88.
Thanks a lot!