Sync Issues - Can't connect to server and can't find sync key on old PC
I just received a new PC and trying to sync it up to my Firefox account. It has asked me to get a copy of my recovery key but when I look through my options of my old PC, I can't find it. Alternatively when I just click "I have lost my other device" on the new PC, an red 'X' comes up and states failed to connect to the server. Please help.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.66.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
hello, please make sure that you have installed the latest version of firefox (that's 51.0.1 currently) directly from mozilla.org/firefox on your new pc. concepts like a recovery key have only been present in older versions of firefox with the old sync system which is now deprecated...