my internet supplier, ( bezeq ) hijacks my browser, only way to get it back is a restart
on my Linux (Ubuntu 14.4) that is used by my wife, my internet supplier - BEZEQINT, keeps hijacking the firefox browser. The only way to get rid of the damn thing is to restart the system, ... this helps till the next time, usually about an hour later. It is more of an adv. that is annoying, and until you fill in your details incl. email and tel. you can not do anything. she refuses to give her tel no for fear of fraud. The only option I have is to restart the system. PLS HELP !!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.16
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- Hola VLC media player Web Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 d0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Separate Issue; On this computer, Your System Details shows;
Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
Shockwave Flash 20.0 d0
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. You must remove the older programs. Then get the current full installer.
Note: Edge on Win10 does not use ActiveX version but its own Flash.
Then reinstall the latest version.
Flash Player Version 220.127.116.11
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html Note: Windows users should download the ‘’’active_x’’’ for “Internet Explorer,” and the ‘’’plugin’’’ for “Plugin-based browsers” (like Firefox).
Adobe still offers Flash 18.104.22.1688 as its extended support release further down
I think you had ad-ware on your system, but others will say that Linux can't get Adware. Try his out;
Type about:addons<enter> in the address bar to open your Add-ons Manager. Hot key; <Control>(Mac=<Command>)<Shift> A)
In the Add-ons Manager, on the left, select Extensions. Remove BEZEQINT Anything. Now do the same in the computers Programs Folder.
Windows: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. Mac: Open the "Applications" folder. Linux: Check your user manual.
Also look for anything that you don't know what it is or does. Use a web search on anything you find.