My computer arranges tabs in a cascade. How do I change this?
When I exit out of Firefox, I get a warning that I have multiple tabs open. I can only see one. Similarly, I can't see the tabs to switch from one to another. I have the latest version of Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Try to open a new window to see if the Tab bar works better in that window.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js file in the Firefox profile folder that stores session data. When sessionstore.js is deleted you lose App Tabs and Tab Groups and open tabs and you will have to recreate them, so if necessary make a note or bookmark them.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)