This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I lose my Gooogle search preferences when I close Firefox
When I close Firefox, my save Google search preferences are lost and I must reenter them when I again open Firefox.
All Replies (2)
Hi, it might be worth temporarily disabling/updating your RoboForm Toolbar in case that is causing the problem. Also see - How to fix preferences that won't save.
If your question is resolved by this or another answer, please take a minute to let us know. Thank you.
Such a detail like the Google settings is stored in a (PREF) cookie.
If you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear Cookies then exclude the cookies and instead let the cookies expire when Firefox is closed to make them session cookies.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Keep until: "I close Firefox"
Create a cookie 'allow' exception for cookies that you want to keep.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
- Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
- Clearing Cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you want to keep.