This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Why not instruct MacOS 10.10 users in creating a new folder to use the wheel icon pull-down menu ...
Your instructions on creating folders aren't correct. for my Mac, saying nothing about having to Open the Bookmarks pull-down menu Select 'Unsorted Bookmarks' Go to the top 'Wheel' icon
THEN you can create a new folder, and other good things Bit of a pain. Otherwise, Firefox is great!
All Replies (2)
Thanks for bringing this up. We always appreciate this kind of input.
We have a lot of instructions in different places. Which instructions are you referring to? Can you post a link or screenshot?
If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
- Bookmarks created via a click on the star in the location bar are stored by default in the Unsorted Bookmarks folder.
Another click on the blue highlighted star allows to edit the properties and move the bookmark to another folder.
- Bookmarks created via "Bookmarks > Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl + D) are stored at the bottom of the Bookmarks Menu folder.
In the left pane in the Library (Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks) there are three folders in the "All Bookmarks" folder:
- "Bookmarks Toolbar"
- "Bookmarks Menu"
- "Unsorted Bookmarks"
You can add new bookmarks to one of those three Bookmarks folders, but you can not create a new folder or add bookmarks at the root level ("All Bookmarks") or remove one of the three root folders. In the Bookmarks Manager you can also create a new folder via the Organize menu. In the Bookmarks sidebar (Ctrl+B; Cmd+B on Mac) you can do that via the right-click context menu.
There are three main Bookmarks folders and bookmarks can only be created in one of those folders and its sub folders.
- The "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder stores the bookmarks that you see on the Bookmarks Toolbar (Firefox > Options or View > Toolbars).
- The "Bookmarks Menu" folder stores bookmarks that show in the Bookmarks menu and are created via "Bookmarks > Bookmark This Page" or via "Bookmark This Link" in the right-click context menu.
- The "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder stores bookmarks that are created by clicking the star at the right end of the location bar.