unable to open new tabs in firefox 33
Recently installed firefox 33 on my MAC running 10.10. No solutions posted on website relating to this problem.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Dashlane plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Is the problem that the new tab button does nothing, and Command+t does nothing?
Many users have discovered this problem (in Firefox 30 and higher) is caused by Conduit add-ons, such as a Conduit plugin and/or a "Community Toolbar" extension.
You can check for and disable extensions on the Add-ons page. Either:
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
(1) In the left column, click Plugins. Set nonessential plugins to "Never Activate".
(2) In the left column, click Extensions. Then, if in doubt, disable.
Often a link will appear above at least one disabled extension to restart Firefox. You can complete your work on the tab and click one of the links as the last step.
Does that help with the "+" button? If so, could you name the specific plugin/extension that caused the problem?
I should say that we don't have a lot of experience with 10.10 so this could be a new 10.10 issue that didn't occur in earlier versions of OSX.
unable to still open new tab with + or command T. Only way to open new tab is to click on firefox help on the open menu and click ?
Thank you for reporting this: I filed a bug for more help and would recommend also following this bug for more updates or if they ask for more information.
Thank you jscher and johnchoy!
johnchoy, if you still see this problem when using a newer version of Firefox, please test and answer the items listed by jscher2000 at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1026347#answer-642569
FWIW, the bug filed is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1087059