Firefox crashes on Mac (OS X 10.9) by uploading file from Desktop. How to change default upload directory?
I know there are some threads about that problem. I do not want to dig deep into that (sending crash reports etc.). With about:config I can manually change the download directory, is there the same possibility for the upload directory?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.07
- H264Client Stream Plugin,version: 18.104.22.168.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing when you open it. Please do the following to give us crash IDs that will help us understand more about the crash.
- (OS X 10.6 or previous) Click the Finder icon in the dock. Your home folder will be selected. In the right side of the window, click the Library folder to open it. Then open the "Application Support" folder, the "Firefox" folder, the "Crash Reports" folder and finally the "submitted" folder.
(OS X 10.7 or above) Click the Finder icon in the dock. On the menu bar, click the Go menu, hold down the option or alt key and select Library. A window will open containing your Library folder. Then open the "Application Support" folder, the "Firefox" folder, the "Crash Reports" folder and finally the "submitted" folder.
- Open the 5 most recent files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
I appreciate your reply but you did not answer my question.
I know why Firefox is crashing (uploading a file from the folder "Desktop") and it is NOT a Firefox problem but a MAC OS 10.9.x problem (that problem occurs only since upgrading to 10.9 and it happens with other software as well). Therefore I ask my question again:
"With about:config I can manually change the download directory, is there the same possibility for the upload directory?"