Shut down Error message
when I shut down Firefox a popup appears something about "sorry Firefox cannot reload your tabs". Shut down or restart? Tell Firefox about this? This is since the latest Firefox update 30
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Firefox Working Offline??
- Tap the ALT key > File menu >uncheck [ ]Work Offline
No I am not working off line. I am unable to copy the message box. It is some sort of a crash with Firefox when it shuts down. It asks if I want to send the info to Mozilla. But I never get an answer from there. I think I will uninstall it and go back to the older version.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Is Firefox creating a sessionstore.js file in the Firefox profile folder?
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox profile folder that store session data.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost and you will have to recreate them (make a note or bookmark them if possible).
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste that into the "Post a Reply" box.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
I am wondering if this could cause the problem. After the most recent update #30, I noticed in Task Manger something was running called "crash report" or something similar to that. I ended the process because it was not there before. I assumed it would load again as most of them do, but it hasn't. Since the message I get mentioned a Firefox crash I thought maybe it was related to that.
Firefox 30.0 Crash Report [@ mozilla::net::ProxyAutoConfig::MyIPAddress(JS::Value*) ]
Process Type plugin Filename:NPSWF32_13_0_0_214.dll
NPSWF32_13_0_0_214.dll is part of Shockwave Flash
This is an empty page.
I already have the latest
I also went to the page suggested to fix crashes. I thought it might be a good idea to check updates for plugins. The link in the add ons went to Mozilla page to check plugins and the little circle went around for 30 minutes but nothing came up. No plugins or suggestions for updates.
I am still having the same problem even with the new version 31.0
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See Creating a profile:
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over the problem
Profile Backup and Restore