Firefox DRM stops working overnight
It seems that somehow DRM has stopped working in Firefox: as of this morning, I get the message to enable DRM on spotify, netflix and other sites - enabling DRM only yields the message "Firefox is installing components needed to play audio on this site...".
Using Firefox v93 on Manjaro 21.1.6, all up to date
I've tried (in order):
- made sure "play DRM controlled content" is enabled
- restarted browser in safe mode
- refreshed my profile
- uninstalled Firefox, removed profile folder, reinstalled Firefox
- tested on a Windows VM with the newest version of Firefox -> works
- installed the Spotify player as app (snap package) -> works
- installed Vivaldi browser and DRM content works there too
I don't understand what could have changed - have had no issues when I updated firefox to the latest version a few days ago and changed nothing last night. Simply logged back in today and started seeing this problem.