How do i get rid of the OpenApp Media that keeps popping up
Ever since downloading the latest version i keep getting all kinds of pop ups and something called OpenApp Media how do i stop this
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Thank you for contacting support. There were some more information I found on how to uninstall the application:
How to change or remove a program in Windows XP. [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307895]
However if it persists after uninstalling, we can try the malware uninstall: Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can try to search in your control panel to look for the installation folders. Installation files will be in this folder I am pretty sure** but please try the automated way first. **do not do this at home warning.
Modified by guigs
I have been to all the program uninstall or add-on areas and none of the softeware programs above are listed. OpenApp media is not listed nor is FriendsChecker. These things open with all my emails and pop up when i close my emails. help.
Check for theses in your add ons and remove, worked for me they are partners with open appmedia.
FaceTheme GetDislikeButton FriendsChecker Buzzdock DropInSavings UnfriendApp DropDownDeals ExFriendAlert DealPly UnfriendTool Search Deals Social Search Toolbar Secure Web Face-Rage BestVideoDownloader Mixidj ProVideoDownloader PageRage Bubble Trouble TV Genie WhiteSmoke Toolbar Spy Guard Info Seeker Wajam Safe Monitor WebCake Spy Alert Visual Bee Movie Mode Radsteroids Search Donkey Record Checker Spy Lookout Lights Off Safe Web Search Donkey Feedback Alert Sexy Tube Disturbicons KeyBar Attraction Alert Delta Toolbar Share Anything Tube Dimmer Websteroids Updater
The programs listed will have to be installed in order to run a scan for malware on the computer that you are accessing your email from. Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware
If you have any other questions we are happy to help.