This thread was archived. Jei jums reikia pagalbos, užduokite naują klausimą.
Hotmail is making firefox crash.
I can open my hotmail e-mails in Firefox but every time I try to reply or write a new email, FF crashes :( I am using win xp pro on a dual core intel pc with 4 gb of ram.
All Replies (17)
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash ID's to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the address bar (that's where you enter your website URL) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the 5 most recent crash ID's that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your cooperation!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
This is a bug in Firefox and Outlook that we are working on fixing. Hopefully we will have a fix out soon. Until then, does a Reset help? Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
Sorry, but reset did not fix the problem.
Does this still happen in Safe Mode?
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled
- the default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored
- the default toolbar layout is used (localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected
Same thing here, it's goddamn annoying, besides the crash, firefox loses all the cache in the process.
Do you have any crash reports with a "bp-" prefix?
Those are more likely to have been submitted.
Here's my contribution, same annoying problem with Hotmail. It doesn't happen all the times, but frequently enough to hope for a quick fix.
Modified by dissonance
I just got the same problem. FF crashes when I try to reply a message.
Hello spstieng, it is the Bug 851934, it is fixed in the next stable version 22.0 in 6 days (release 22.0 in 2013-06-25).
Do not forget to reset this pref after updating to Firefox 22.
Outlook is crashing for me in firefox 22.
I am on Windows 7 64bit.
It crashes EVERY time i click on the inbox link.
Only started happening today for some reason.
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Disabling the hardware acceleration in firefox is working for now.
I'm using Firefox v22 on Win2008 R2. Crash after sending email using Hotmail.com - the emails vary from simple text only to also including attachments.
I've not yet tried to disable hardware acceleration of FF.
hello svoburner, that is likely caused by hardware acceleration. You can try upgrading it, if not turn it off completely.
Try to set the gfx.content.azure.enabled pref to false or if this didn't help disable Direct2D by setting the gfx.direct2d.disabled pref to true on the about:config page and leave hardware acceleration otherwise enabled.
That way you still have the benefit from hardware acceleration, but may not suffer from rendering issues.