Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Avast detects URL:MAL when opening firefox.No issue with IE or Chrome,after troubleshooting realized problem is NoScript addon.Can it have been infected?

  • 3 replies
  • 7 have this problem
  • 19406 views
  • Paskiausią atsakymą parašė sebax123

more options

avast -network shield

Infection Details

URL: http://188.24.140.190/ Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe Infection: URL:Mal

Chosen solution

I doubt the No script addon got infected. However, try the following:

First, try to reset Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings. This simple step will eliminate many Firefox problems with only one click.

Download and Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, run a full Scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org/. This helps check that there are no viruses on your computer causing issues. You can uninstall this program after you clean off any infections.

Skaityti atsakymą kartu su kontekstu 👍 1

All Replies (3)

more options

Chosen Solution

I doubt the No script addon got infected. However, try the following:

First, try to reset Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings. This simple step will eliminate many Firefox problems with only one click.

Download and Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, run a full Scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org/. This helps check that there are no viruses on your computer causing issues. You can uninstall this program after you clean off any infections.

more options

Hi Tyler, Thanks for quick reply

Initially after some troubleshooting I noticed that I could make infection pop up disappear:

From Configure how firefox connects to the internet -> changed from "use system proxy settings" to "auto-detect proxy settings" or "no proxy"

With this option modified, the pop up from avast didn't appear any longer when opening Firefox.

However I noticed that both Chrome and IE were set to work on the same "use system proxy settings" and they weren't causing problems...so I assumed the problem still has to be with firefox.

After changing back the option in firefox to "use system proxy" I got again the notice, but saw that when opening firefox in safe mode the issue was gone again.

I tracked it to the no script addon, after removing it, the issue disappear regardless of proxy config settings...when I reinstall it, it appears again.

I am now running in depth virus scans to see were the actual infection is.

It seems to me it is expoiting a vulnerability in this addon, I will try the reset also.

more options

Managed to fix issue, after in depth scan with avast free edition detected and deleted 23 infections.

I am all clean now, installed noscript back and no more issues.