"The connection was reset" only in Firefox - why?
I have a site that consistently gives "The connection was reset" every three or four clicks. Refreshing brings the page up fine. Server logs show no errors whatsoever, the hits all show 200 responses with no errors logged by back-end code. This only happens in Firefox. IE, Safari, Opera all work fine.
I've tried clearing cache, cookies, etc.
I've tried reinstalling Firefox.
I've tried reinstalling an older version of Firefox in case it's a recent bug.
I've tried disabling DNS prefetching.
I've tried just about every other remedy I can find on the internet.
Papildomi duomenys apie sistemą
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
I found this answer on this very site. I had the same issue and it was fixed instantly this way. It still does not answer why it happens though. I expect it will happen again sometime so keep this in the back of your mind for next time it occurs.
"If you can visit the website in other browsers but not in Firefox:
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, go over to the History menu and select Clear Recent History.... For Windows XP: At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and select Clear Recent History....On the menu bar, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Recent History....At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Recent History....At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Recent History....On the menu bar, click on the Tools menu, and select Clear Recent History.... 2. In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything. 3. Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared. 4. Select both Cookies and Cache. 5. Click Clear Now. "
I have same issue and its most often with youtube. Sometimes for picasa or other blogs it stops in middle of loading picture and if you check status it says page loading is done. you have to press refresh 1-2 times to load picture.
Sometimes loading of gmail account also stops in middle saying loading is done and you have to hit refresh button.
It kind of sucks. I also made sure I'm not using any proxy connection and I tried various setting for connection in firefox settings still it doesn't help.
Close all of your anti-virus software and restart your FF.
See solution of connection was reset for more help.
Hey guys, I think the problem is inside the extensions. For me, the error was no longer appeared after I'd disabled "firebug" extension.
Hope this helps.
Does this "clear history" operation clear ALL history, cookies, etc., or just history associated with the site I'm trying to access now? Clearing ALL cookies is pretty drastic.
I have sorted this. I installed Google Chrome. Imported all the bookmarks, Passwords and Sync seems to be working properly as well. Oh well Mozilla, it's been nice knowing you........
I am running OSX 10.6.8. I have the same problem with Firefox 11 and Firefox 12. I have also sorted this. I have tried every possible solution I could find on the Internet. I cleared all history and all caches for all time, I am not running a proxy, I worked with a network specialist and tried all kinds of changes of settings, I reinstalled Firefox, I have tried this with all extensions and plugins disabled. I carefully compared all settings with those of Safari and Chrome. The first time after a computer reset Firefox gives me a “Connection was reset” error, but always works after “Try again.” Sometime, it will work properly after that for the duration of the Firefox session, often I will get the error again. Safari and Chrome both work properly ALL of the time, so I believe it to be a Firefox error. I have switched to Safari to regain my sanity.
I think that I have finally solved my problem. I can't remember doing it, but I must have installed the latest beta of Adobe's Flash plugin 11.3. I noticed that Adobe had just release a new version of 11.2 to correct a security issue and it wouldn't install because 11.3 was already there.
I uninstalled the 11.3 beta (uninstaller is available online) and my "connection was reset" problem has disappeared!
That's the end of betas for me!!!
I have the same problem as many others here, however there is a problem to browse video sites like YouTube and other sites where the video stops suddenly, which means that I have to reload the current page to watch the video for the second time with all this is still the problem ...
The connection was reset The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Modified by mr-d-cool
Connection reset fix 1. goto firefox 2. click tools 3. click options 4. click advanced 5. click network 6. click settings 7. last click auto detect proxy settings for this network Then delete all caches
The "The connection was reset" error message can be caused by a bug fix for the BEAST (Browser Exploit Against SSL/TLS) attack that the server doesn't handle.
[locking thread due to the age]