Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Crash whenever webrtc function records a video more than 5 seconds if multiprocess is enabled

  • 8 replies
  • 3 have this problem
  • 37 views
  • Paskiausią atsakymą parašė the-edmeister

more options

Mozilla crashes every time when I record and save a video (more than 5 seconds) through webrtc function. The problem is not there if multiprocess is disabled.

Please let me know the reason for the same.

All Replies (8)

more options

hello, could you provide your latest few submitted crash reports? please enter about:crashes into the location bar, copy the latest few report ids from there starting with bp- & paste them here into a forum reply. this will give us a better understanding what may be triggering those crashes.

more options

Hi @Philipp

bp-818d4f69-8a2e-48c5-9e93-74bd52161001

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/818d4f69-8a2e-48c5-9e93-74bd52161001

We are trying to submit blob object of media recorder using angularjs.

more options

thanks, i think it would be best if you get a bug on file for this problem bugzilla.mozilla.org with a testcase or describing the steps to reproduce this issue to get the devleoper's attention for this...

more options

Hi Philipp,

Please have a look into testcases- 1) I have mozilla 49.0.1 which has Multiprocess Windows enabled by default 2) I am developing an application for recording video and sending it to cloud server 3) I am using webrtc for streaming and recording the videos 4) In case video is more than 5 seconds, after submitting the video, it is getting redirected to mozilla crash page. Crash report - bp-818d4f69-8a2e-48c5-9e93-74bd52161001

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/818d4f69-8a2e-48c5-9e93-74bd52161001 5) Please note that we are submitting blob object of media recorder using angularjs. 6) If I am disabling the Multiprocess Windows, It is working fine with no mozilla crash.

more options

Please file a Bugzilla report as philipp mentioned. This forum is for end user support, not to help 3rd party developers or to try to fix problems with new features that are still in development, as is the case with multi-process tabs / windows.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Bug_writing_guidelines#How_to_report_a_bug

more options

@the-edmeister

I am writing this query from the perspective of end user only. I already developed the functionality of recording. Now end user are recording their videos and submitting through Mozilla browser.

Due to this multiprocess windows, they are getting mozilla crash (Crash report is already submitted to you). As this is the new feature, you should act on it and try to solve it asap.

It is working fine with Multiprocess disabled. And also working fine with chrome and other browser.

more options

support.mozilla.org is a users-helping-users forum. we are neither mozilla employees nor able to fix the issue you're describing - that's why we encourage you to file a bug about the problem at bugzilla.mozilla.org, because this would be the right place to be handled (as i assume you have discovered a valid crashing bug there)!

more options

AMITJAIN02 said

@the-edmeister I am writing this query from the perspective of end user only. I already developed the functionality of recording. ...

Please don't take this as condescending, but your "job" isn't done yet! Now you need to "fix" what's causing Firefox to crash for your users. And that may not be easy, as Multiprocess in Firefox is still a "work in progress". IMO, not "ready for primetime" just yet.

I have mozilla 49.0.1 which has Multiprocess Windows enabled by default.

Only for maybe 10% of Firefox users. Disabled by default for the other 90%, for a number of reasons.

http://arewee10syet.com/