This thread was archived. Jei jums reikia pagalbos, užduokite naują klausimą.
I have a screen that keeps coming up, is this part of Forefox updates ?
I am unable to paste a screenshot, title reads "Open Software Updater', and it has a MCafee logo on it. But I do not have MCafee on my system ?
All Replies (4)
You can't attach a screenshot to the first post that starts a thread, but you can do that in subsequent replies.
If you get a pop-up message asking to update Firefox or plugins or other software then such a message is likely a scam and you should never respond to such an alert to avoid getting infected with malware.
- Only update Firefox via "Help > About" or by downloading and installing Firefox from the Mozilla server and never via a pop-up or link on a web page.
- Plugins should only be updated via the plugin itself or by visiting the home page of the plugin.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer. Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Cor-el, I will try what you suggested. I have tried Norton 360, Spybot, Mal ware bytes, & AdAware. Here is the screen shot: I will try the others this weekend.
I agree with cor-el. From the look of the URL (really really far away) it's not Mozilla. So it's a scam. Stay away from pop-ups telling you to update. Malicious little bastards.
Yes variations of the Your Firefox is out dated scam has been around for a good while now. I use Linux and I have gotten it the odd few times on some site redirects.
Modified by James