Tips and tricks for working fast
No one has helped translate this article yet. If you already know how localizing for SUMO works, start translating now. If you want to learn how to translate articles for SUMO, please start here.
- Hold Shift to select multiple events with your mouse
- Ctrl + C to copy an event, or series of events
- Ctrl + V to paste an event, or series of events
- Spacebar to play and pause your project
- Delete to delete an event
- Tab to select the next timeline event
- Shift + Tab to select the previous timeline event
- <-left and right-> arrows to nudge an event
- up and down arrows to move an event to the layer above or below (must be empty)
- Pick a consistent layout. Come up with a rhythm and appearance, then use copy and paste to set up your layout across the timeline. You can then fill it with content.
- The remix button as a unique feature of Popcorn Maker. Think about how others might remix your work and design it for them.
- Audio can be your best ally. Video is often busy and distracting.
- Consider muting the video and using audio + images. Animated gifs are also really awesome with sound.
- Short pieces can leave a big impression if done right.
- Think outside the box. There are many ways to tell a story. You can be creative with things like the Google Streetview setting, or the Flickr slideshow feature.
Other helpful tips
- Use the zoom sliders to adjust your workspace.
- Stay organized.
- Try to keep certain types of events on specific layers. Images on one layer, text on another.
- You can swap layers around by dragging the layer area with your mouse
- You can name your image events in the editor pane so they are easier to keep track of.
- You can shrink videos to leave room for events on the side. That way you're video isn't covered up.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/1BAV8Ta