How do I set up Sync on my computer?
Sync lets you share your data and preferences (such as your bookmarks, history, passwords, open tabs, Reading List and installed add-ons) across all your devices. This article shows you how to set up Sync.
Table of Contents
Setting up Sync requires two parts: first you must create an account on your main device, then sign in to your account using your other devices. Here are the steps in detail:
Create a Sync account
- Click the menu button , then click .
- Click Don't have an account? Get started.
- Fill out the form to create a Firefox Account. Take not eof the email address and password you used.
- Check your emails for the verification link.
- To connect your other devices to Firefox Accounts, continue on to the next section.
- Click the menu button
, then click
- Click the button.
- Fill out the form to create an account and click . Take note of the email address and password you used, you'll need it later to log in.
- Check your emails for the verification link and click on it to confirm your email address. You're ready to go!
- To connect your other devices to Sync, continue on to the next section.
Connect additional devices to Sync
- Click the menu button , and then .
- Click the button to open the Create a Firefox account page.
- Click on the Have an account? Sign in link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the email and password you used to create your new Sync account.
- After you've signed in, Sync will start synchronizing your information across all your connected devices.
To connect your mobile devices, see:
- Android phones and tablets: Sync bookmarks, tabs, history and passwords on Android
- iPads, iPhones and iPod touch devices: Sync your Firefox bookmarks and browsing history in iOS
Remove a device from Sync
- Click the menu button to expand the menu.
- Click on your Sync account name (usually your email address) to open the Sync preferences.
- Click . Your device will no longer be synchronized.