Mulongo oyo etiyamaki na archive. Tuna motuna mosusu soki osengeli na lisalisi
the search bar no longer appears when firefox is opened, you have to click on the home symbol in the toolbar
The main search bar in the middle of the page no longer appears when firefox is opened. I've checked that firefox is the default browser, but the main start page stays blank unless you click on the home symbol in the toolbar. How do I get it to show on start up?
All Replies (1)
You can check the startup setting to make sure that Firefox starts with the home page:
- Firefox > Preferences > General > Startup: "When Firefox starts":
"Show my windows and tabs from last time"
"Show my home page"
"Show a blank page"
You can check the home page setting to see if it is set to about:home (default home page):
- Firefox > Preferences > General > Startup: Home page
Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' (pipe) symbols.
In case you do not have the search bar on the Navigation Toolbar:
You may have removed the button(s) from the Navigation Toolbar by accident.
If you right-click a toolbar item in normal (non-customize) mode then you can remove this item from the toolbar.
- "Remove from Toolbar" will remove this item from the Navigation Toolbar and moves it to the Customize palette ("3-bar" Firefox menu button > Customize)
- "Move to Menu" will move this item to the "3-bar" Firefox menu button drop-down list
- "Move to Toolbar" in the "3-bar" Firefox menu button drop-down list will move this item to the toolbar
You can use the SearchReset extension to reset some preferences to the default values.
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).