I have a Mac Desktop running 10.7.5 and am trying to import bookmarks from Firefox on an older Mac running 10.3.9. I exported the bookmarks file to an html file successfully and copied that file to the new Mac. Following the suggestion from Firefox help, I then tried to import those bookmarks from the html file but when I went to the bookmarks toolbar, there is no import option of any kind shown to take the next step. What is wrong?
- 모든 글
- 도움이 되는 해결법
Make sure that the HTML backup has a .html file extension.
You can find the Import menu entry in the Bookmarks Manager (Library)
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Import Data from Another Browser
Thank you. The backup file does have an html suffix. But unfortunately when I open the bookmarks manager (library) under show all bookmarks there is no import menu. There are only three items: the bookmarks toolbar, bookmarks menu, and unsorted bookmarks and no other menu tens. If I click on the bookmarks toolbar as suggested in the procedure, there are only two options under that item. "Most Visited" and "Getting Started". There is no import & backup option at all. I am thinking about reinstalling Firefox from scratch to see if something did not get installed properly. Any thoughts?
In the Bookmarks Manager (Library) there is a toolbar with the Back and Forward button and three other buttons (Organize, Views, Import & Backup).
- The first (gear) button is the Organize button with basic edit menu items for bookmarks
- The second button is the Views button that allows to change the sort order for viewing purposes (doesn't sort permanently).
- The third (star) button is the Import & Backup button that allows to backup and restore a JSON backup and import and export an HTML backup and import bookmarks from other browsers.
Hover each button to see the tooltip or click each of them to see what they do.
Thank you cor-el. I can't believe I missed those icons. Problem solved. Appreciate your help
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.