이 쓰레드는 보존되었습니다. 만약 도움이 필요하시면 새로운 질문을 올려주세요.
Firefox doesn't ask to save user/password info for some sites
Why doesn't Firefox ask to save my login info at certain sites. THERE ARE NO ENTRIES IN THE EXCEPTIONS dialog, so this is not the issue. I looked there first before posting this question. I am trying to log onto my banking account web site (an HTTPS site).
모든 댓글 (6)
- Make sure that you not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck: [ ] "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session"
There are other things that need attention.
Your above posted system details show outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks that you should update.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.4
Update the Flash plugin to the latest version.
Update the Java plugin to the latest version.
- http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html (Java Platform: Download JRE)
Update the Adobe Reader plugin to the latest version.
Running my browser in 'Private Browsing' mode is, of course, not the issue as I stated that the problem occurs with some and not all sites.
As for your other recommendations, I will update my plug-ins and see if that fixes the problem. I really don't understand how an older plug-in could affect a core Firefox feature, however, but I guess it's worth a try.
Unless adobe reader, the java plug-in or shockwave flash is the provider of the login information retention feature which seems VERY unlikely.
we have this problem on one of the MacBook Pros here. MAC OS X 10.6.5, Firefox 3.6.12. prior to updating on this machine all situations requiring usernames and passwords would bring up the additional menu bar asking to save, never save, not this time, but not now. needless to say the "remember passwords for sites" checkbox is checked in preferences > security. like the original poster, we are not running in private browsing mode.
any help will be deeply appreciated.
글쓴이 corvid 수정일시
The notes about the plugins are just to remind you that it is important to update your plugins and are not related to your problem in this case.
Did you try the bookmarklet mentioned in User_name_and_password_not_remembered?
Some sites like PayPal, Yahoo, Windows Live and bank sites use autocomplete="off" to prevent Firefox from saving and filling the name and the password.
If a site uses autocomplete="off" then look at this article for a bookmarklet to remove that autocomplete attribute and Firefox will offer to store the name and password.
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/User_name_and_password_not_remembered (bookmarklet)
The autocomplete attribute on/off issue sounds very promising...I will try this a little later.