Firefox only opens google
I have a new notebook with Windows 8. I installed Firefox 23.0.1(latvian) but it does not work - Firefox cannot open WEB sites except google. I tried this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-cant-load-websites-other-browsers-can but no success. Other browsers (I tried IE and Google Chrome) work properly. How can I solve this Thanks in advance
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Please report back soon.
Thanks for effort but it wasn't helpful.
I noticed than Firefox can connect only to google.no (the PC is in the Norway now, I'm managing it via TeamViewer). Firefox can connect to google.no from google search bar as well as directly from address bar (by typing google.no) But it cannot connect to google.com and subdomains, such as maps.google.com, mail.google.com etc.
Additionally, I disabled IPv6 at my PC's LAN properties - no result.
Some more ideas?
Have you tried safe mode, maybe a AV is interfering.
I did temporary disable the antivirus.
Boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked