This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I get to the Can Am Forum website it loads but wont let me get to a second page or post why?
I can log onto the website and check active topics. If I click on a topic It will show the first page but subsequent pages will not come up nor can I post
All Replies (3)
Do you mean this forum: http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/
I don't have a login, so I'm not sure if I see what you see. It seemed to work normally for me paging through lists of posts and page through posts in a thread. However, I use the NoScript extension and was blocking ads and various other servers that I deemed to be extraneous to the test. Perhaps one of those is an issue.
How would I go about finding and solving this issue?
In case you haven't tried "the usual":
When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Clear Firefox's Cache
If you have a large hard drive, this might take a few minutes. If you do not see the number going down on the page, you can reload it using Ctrl+r to check progress.
(2) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first). While viewing a page on the site, try either:
- right-click (on Mac Ctrl+click) a blank area of the page and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- (menu bar) Tools > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- click the padlock or "i" icon in the address bar, then the ">" button, then More Information, and finally the "View Cookies" button
In the dialog that opens, the current site should be pre-filled in the search box at the top of the dialog so you can remove that site's cookies individually.
Then try reloading the page and logging in again. Does that help?
Could you test in Firefox's Safe Mode? In Safe Mode, Firefox temporarily deactivates extensions, hardware acceleration, and some other advanced features to help you assess whether these are causing the problem.
If Firefox is not running: Hold down the Shift key when starting Firefox.
If Firefox is running: You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Help menu > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
and OK the restart.
Both scenarios: A small dialog should appear. Click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Refresh).
Any improvement? (More info: Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode)