Once an untrusted site is added as an exception, how can I remove the exception?
using FireFox 27.0 I want to delete an exception for an utrusted website. There is no Tools / Option / Security in this version. Preferences / Security does not have the list either.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Version 22.214.171.12410
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
You can do it
Go to Preferences >> Advanced >> Certificates >> View Certificates, in the Server Tab you can see and manage the certificates of your browser
Modified by Diego Victor
Thanks. I can view the certificates and delete. What is the difference between a Builtin Object Token and a Software Security Device? Is there a way to find the certificates that were added as an exception? They don't often have the same name as the website they came from
You can the name of the site in Server Tab, or you can select one certificate and click on view to see more information about they.
Here you can see more information about the certificates:
I can see all that, but the name of the website the certificates came from is not shown. Is there a way to identify ones added as exceptions?
Builtin Object Token are root certificates.
Software Security Device are intermediate certificates that are send by servers and that are stored automatically to be used with future visits to servers that require them.
Thank you. Found it and was finally able to see what I had added.