Why won't the Firefox icon stop jumping up and down on my dock? (OS X 10.9.1)
I'm using a MacBook (late 2008) with OS X 10.9.1. The icon for Firefox will not stop jumping. It was exhibiting this behavior before I started it as well as after while I was using another application. I have not seen this before. I am using the latest version (26.0) of Firefox so it wasn't an alert to update. It is even doing this as I type this info.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.9
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Reader Applicaiton Detector Plugin
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- Picasa plugin.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Hi ppalan, The only time I have seen this is if there is an update notification, there are a few things that can cause this: updates on add ons, automatic updates to Firefox.
When did this begin to occur? and how do you launch the browser, manually, or on start up?
If you right click and close the browser and open in a new profile does this still happen? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-fi...