how do i set up the pop-up blocker
getting lots of pop-ups. do i need to reset something?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Sony Reader Application Detector Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
From the menu, choose Tools - Options - Content Be sure that Block pop-up windows is checked. Verify exceptions too.
Additionally, use Malwarebytes free version to check and clean your system.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked