Can Firefox be set to a default zoom that doesn't change back to small each time a new website is accessed? Downloaded add-on did not solve
I have a new iMac with a large 27" monitor. I'd like to set a 225% default zoom on Firefox-- currently, each newly accessed website must be manually enlarged because the 225% size won't remain the default size for all websites; this is very frustrating. NoSquint add-on did not solve this problem for me. Am I doing something wrong? I'd greatly appreciate any help you could provide because I've had to switch to Safari for web browsing and I much prefer Firefox. Thank you
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
check this article: Font size and zoom - increase the size of web pages
Shortly, you can configure Firefox to display all text at a minimum font size. If a web page contains text that is smaller than your defined minimum size, Firefox increases the font size of the text to this minimum. To set a minimum text size:
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences...
- Select the Content panel.
- In the Fonts & Colors pane, click Advanced....
- In the Minimum Font Size drop-down, select the minimum size in pixels in which all text must be displayed.
Regarding NoSquint addon, you should be able to override the default zoom options and keep your settings between Firefox restarts.
See also here: NoSquint Help Page
Apparently, there are many addons offering your desired feature like:
- Default FullZoom Level
- Zoom Page
Hope that helped you! Please report back!
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
I cannot get Default FullZoom Level to install. Any ideas?
Do you get any error message if you try to install the extension?
Hi Corel, I ended up making a total mess of my computer. Called hp technical support - they fixed it. It turns out I did not want Default Full Zoom and I required help. Afterward I installed No Squint which seems to work perfectly for me - i.e. I set the % and it holds across all web pages. (You need to go through all of the pages in the left top pop up in order to get your settings correct.) When my niece writes, I increase the zoom. She writes tiny. Thanks for your efforts on my behalf. BTW Squint installs easily from it's page; Default Full Zoom did not. Helen
I have a potential solution that may help someone out there. I found it through trial & error, but I must say it wasn't too difficult.
I started out by changing the Windows DPI, then moved onto the screen resolution through Windows, then the resolution through my graphics card software (nVidia), then tried the No Squint, it didn't help me, and finally went back to messing with the resolution.
I have a 22" Samsung FullHD 1080p LED widescreen monitor that I finally set to 720p (1280 x 720) instead of the native 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution. This was the solution that worked for me. By doing this I was able to see the same size text ''all across the board'', no matter whether it was my desktop, open folders, or using any of my web browsers. It just simply worked.
While the above solution may not work for you, it is my hope that the information will help someone. Good luck.
Modified by FFForever