I am clicking on the open new tab page but nothing happens I am on the latest version of Firefox
as before the open new tab does not work i have checked the other answers to this question and none of them apply i have just updated to the latest version of firefox, every time i do this however I then get problems with Firefox not responding plus Identity Safe does not appear on the toolbar anywhere and I used this all the time to control websites and passwords
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you would like to take a listing of the add-ons, important preferences/settings etc. to quickly replicate the previous profile, please open Troubleshooting Information via Help (Alt + H), Copy all to clipboard and paste it into MS Office Excel, or OpenOffice/LibreOffice Calc, or notepad. However, it would be a good idea to check for the existence of the issue immediately after the reset.
After the reset, you can then update Norton products. Please also see the workaround.