a website asked I wanted to automatically tell them my geographic location. Firefox popped up a screen with the option. How do I get back to this option?.
A newspaper website asked if I wanted to tell them my location. Firfox popped up and asked if I wanted to automatically tell sites that ask my geographic location. I clicked and got more information. There was a section that gave instructions to permanently disable geographic location tracking. I followed the directions to disable, even though the default is no tracking. I had to type an two words with a : separating them into the address bar. This brought me to a long list of settings. I followed the directions but now it seems my location is being tracked by everyone.
How do I get back to this list of settings (which was not accessed through Options) to go back to the default?
You probably had to go to about:support. Please keep in mind that even with geolocation disabled websites can still see your general location from your IP address.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Winamp Application Detector
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
You probably had to go to about:support. Please keep in mind that even with geolocation disabled websites can still see your general location from your IP address.
thank you, That was it.
You can inspect and manage permissions for all domains on the about:permissions page via the location bar.