Dropdown options don't appear
Dropdown lists have stopped appearing when I'm using Firefox, although it works fine in Safari (and IE on my work PC). I'm running Mac OS 10.8.1 and the most up to date version of Firefox, and the dropdown lists worked in Firefox until a few days ago. All the previous fixes for this issue appear to be based on people running Windows.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
You can still try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Try to remove the Firefox plist file (org.mozilla.firefox.plist).
- http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060606082246983 How .plist files become corrupt and troubleshooting the results
Go to "~/Library/Preferences" and remove the plist file for Firefox (org.mozilla.firefox.plist)
I already tried disabling hardware acceleration, because I saw it suggested in earlier support posts, but it didn't help. Are you suggesting that I need to both disable hardware acceleration and remove the plist file? If so, I can try the latter tomorrow.