Can previous bookmarks be restored after Firefox reinstall?
Lost some Firefox functionality after freeware install so I reinstalled Firefox (using version 2.0) without trying to save the bookmarks.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Network Object Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/184.108.40.206
Were you previously using Firefox 2.0? Or were you using a newer version?
Yes, the previous version was 2.0
Why are you still using such an old Firefox 2 version and haven't updated to Firefox 3 or later (3.6.x , 9.0.1)?
You can check the bookmarkbackups folder in the Firefox profile folder to see if there are HTML backups that have the lost bookmarks.
Modified by cor-el