Recenty, some of the icons associated with websites will no longer display, although they always did so in the past
The small icon that is associated with a website & appears to the left in the address bar when a website loads no longer appears for 6 of my most frequently used websites. This began about a week ago.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.1992
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
Mac OS x 10.5.8
Please try this: When on any one site do a Ctrl + F5 refresh. This would help bypass the cache contents and pull in fresh content.
Thanks, but that didn't work. Gregg
There could be a remote possibility that the websites are working / changing their favicons. Are the websites related? Can you please post a link. Someone would be able to definitely help you.
No, the sites aren't related. Here's one that always showed an icon: http://www.brewingnews.com/yankeebrew/
In addition to Firefox the icon doesn't seem to appear in IE and Google Chrome at least for this particular site. Please also see this.
OK, thanks. Looks like about 8 websites I regularly use no longer have icons that will display. They all disappeared on the same day recently.
Same thing happened to me a few days ago - 6 of my 30 or so bookmarks suddenly showed blank icons. Hope we get an answer. Fortunately the access to the 6 websites still works.
Maybe this bug:
- bug 701297 - Several favicons are lost in bookmarks with the upgrade to Firefox 8
(please do not comment in bug reports)
That must be it.