I cannot get any form of firefox after upgrading to 6
I am so frustrated. Just spent hours trying to upgrade to firefox 6 so I could watch videos on Vimeo. I finally succeeded in doing so and now my computer will not open firefox as it says it the architecture doesn't support it. I tried to go back to Firefox 3.6 but that didn't work either. Now I am stuck without firefox and it has lost all my book marks too. What can I do? I have an old mac lap top 10.4.11 Michele
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
when I upgraded to 6
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.1.3 Safari/533.19.4
- Firefox 4 versions and later do not run on a PowerPC Mac.
- Firefox 4 and later require at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.
For an unofficial Firefox 4 compatible version (TenFourFox) that runs on PowerPC Macs with OS X 10.4.11 or OS X 10.5.8 you can look at:
Firefox 3.6.x (Mac OS X 10.4 and later) can be found here:
Thanks, but this reply didn't help me. I went to that site and downloaded the 3,6 but it still wouldn't come up. I think I need to uninstall 6 first and I don't know how to do that without losing all my bookmarks
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the DMG file to the desktop
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.
Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder