Help with Live Chat time differences
I have a real problem signing in to various websites. I have posted 3 questions and not received a response. i have tried getting help from Live chat. As i live in Australia, i used a time zone converter, which told me that b/n 7-9am EST is equivalent to 2-4pm PT. I have tried connecting during this time and it still says "We're closed" I have no other way of solving this problem. Please let me know if I have the time zones incorrect or is there another way i can speak to someone directly. Many thanks!
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
an alternative to have more real time chat is by way of irc.mozilla.org but even then it may be a bit slow during night time in US/Canada.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/IRC I suggest to use the #firefox and #mozillazine channels.
There's 3 hours difference between PST and EST, not 7 hours as that time zone converter said.
GMT -5:00 = EST
GMT -8:00 = PST
Of course North America is on Daylight saving time now.
Thanks guys, really appreciate your responses :-)