lost the ability to automatically add .com in the browser after updating to 5.0.1
Before I updated to 5.0.1 I could type a known website in the browser hit enter and it would automatically fill in the .com Now I have to put the .com in every time or else it goes to google search and shows a whole page of places to choose from. How do I get that ability back again for the browser?
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 071706000001
- Web based SlingPlayer for streaming from Slingbox
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
If you turn off keyword search and turn on domain guessing, I think that will get back to what you want. Check out the steps in this article: Location bar search | How to | Firefox Help. Any luck?
Hi jscher2000, Thank you so much for your advice and quick response... it worked!!! ;-D