Where is bookmarks folder located? (Mac OS X 10.6.7)
It's simple. Where is the bookmarks folder for Firefox (latest version) stored on my Mac? (OSX 10.6)
Additional System Details
- Picasa plugin.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Version 220.127.116.118
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.7
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Your bookmarks are stored in a database file named places.sqlite in your profile folder. To locate, see: Profiles | How to | Firefox Help.
Just FYI, "From your home folder open /Library/, then /Application Support/, then /Firefox/, then /Profiles/. Your profile folder is within this folder. " There is no Firefox folder. There is a Mozilla folder but no bookmarks are in it.
I can get it via Firefox Help/Troubleshooting however.
We need an update to the knowledge base! It's a wiki, so if you are inclined to edit, you certainly can. Improve the Knowledge Base | How to contribute | Firefox Help
Actually, I spoke too soon. When I go the Help/Troubleshooting route, there is a bookmarks.html folder in there, but it's empty.
bookmarks.html is the old format. You can generate a new bookmarks.html file by exporting.
Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks
Apparently the export feature is harder to find on Mac than Windows. Related thread: I can't find Organize Bookmarks and/or export bookmarks to Safari with Firefox 4 | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help.
Make sure that you look in Users to find the Firefox Profile Folder