I can print from everything, EXCEPT the web. Not a problem with Explorer. Help
I can not print from the web with Firefox. I can print emails, pdfs, word documents, Excel -BUT the web page comes out blank. When I use Explorer - I have no such problem. I have uninstalled, restarted and re-installed. I have also reinstalled my printer. Help.
You're welcome. Please mark this thread as SOLVED.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
over the last six months
- Version 126.96.36.199
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Try the reset described here:
Thank you so much for your recommendation. The first try I simply did the one reset. Then, I realized I should go in and to the whole set for my specific printer. AND it works! I had been using Screen Grab to compensate all this time. Glad to have the ability to print directly from the web back. Hurray!
You're welcome. Please mark this thread as SOLVED.
I followed the above resolution and still have just blank pages... Is there a FIrefox Fix yet?
I have reset ALL my printer settings in the about:config window, but they don't stay. How do I get them to stay to what I set. Is there a confirm or update button somewhere?
How can I find preferences to rest printer. I type about:config and I a web page with different links. I can't find print.print_printer. This all strted when Firefox started updating from 3.6.9. Now at 3.6.15 and still prints blank pages.
about:config shouldn't give you a webpage. It is an internal page with hundreds of preferences.
Did you follow the instructions here?
I had same problem. Open Mozilla, Firefox from start, programs. Select open in safe-mode. Check box to reset user defaults, then go back and open Firefox normally.
^ Using that pref in the Firefox SafeMode is going to do a lot more than reset printer preferences. The user is going to loose bookmarks, passwords, site preferences, and more.
I reset my user defaults and did not loose bookmarks or passwords. And my printer is back working.
about:config did not show up. Only a webpage with Links all different and no pulldown menu.