UsingMac 10.4 firefox is version 2.0,0.14 upgrade to what and how? nervous older user!
Just a little tired of Safari so opened Firefox which I haven't done for a LONG time! The latest upgrade says it is for Mac 10.5 and above. I am assuming I can't upgrade to the latest version but it would be good to upgrade to an earlier version. 3.6? How would I do this?
Additional System Details
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- BT Broadband Support Tools is part of the BT's Getting Setup Portal as it provides additional help wizards for your BT Total Broadband products.
- Verified Download Plugin
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/22.214.171.124
Mac 10.4 Tiger. (mac mini)
Upgrading to latest version is highly advisable. As mentioned here, Firefox 3.6 will work with Mac 10.4.
You can download the latest version from here.
You can read this article for instructions on how to upgrade.
As I said in my original 'post' 3.6 I'm assuming I can't do the latest (4)
The latest stable version is 3.6.13. Version 4 is still in beta stage and hence may not be very stable. Since you are a "nervous older user", upgrading to the stable 3.6.13 might be a good idea :)
Modified by dynamite
Firefox 4.0 is Not the latest as the latest is 3.6.13 and works on OSX 10.4+
Firefox 4.0 is not released nor is it a upgrade as it is still in Testing with Beta 10 being the current and Beta 11 and 12 coming.
Firefox 3.6.13 is at www.mozilla.com